Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Waiting Game

"Waiting" isn't something that I do very well.  I am a very impatient person.  When I'm hungry, I want to eat now.  If I decide I need something, I go buy it now.  If I want to talk to someone, it is difficult to wait until they have time for me.  I believe many of the people I deal with daily has the same problem.

If you are like me, you may also have a hard time waiting on God.  If you stop to think about it, we have to wait on God for lots of things.  We wait on healing, we wait on divine interventions, we wait on our loved-ones to be saved.  In our prayer life though, the devil (and our own personalities) tempt us to be impatient with God.  The devil will tell you that "God isn't listening to you" or "God doesn't care about you" or the worst for me is "God would help you but remember the sin you committed?  God can't help you now, you're not worthy". 

Although we all have a finite amount of time here on earth, God doesn't live in time.  When the bible said a day is like a thousand years and a thousand years is like a day  to God, it meant it (Psalm 90:4, 2 Peter 3:8).  Time has never started and will never end with God.  He always has been and always will be.  We want to put time boundaries on God for our needs because they seem so immediate to us but we must learn to wait.  Think about poor Ezekiel that God made Him lay on his side for 390 days, what if God asked us to do that? 

Today, wait on God.  Tomorrow, wait on God.  The next day, wait on God.  While you wait, enjoy Him.  Worship and serve Him for who God is, not what He is going to do for you.  While you wait, here are a couple of scriptures that may help.  They've helped me.

Psalm 33:20
We wait in hope for the LORD; He is our help and our shield.

Psalm 37:7
Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for Him; do not fret when people succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.

http://sharemygod.blogspot.com/p/scriptures-on-waitng.html

I love you and God does too.

No comments:

Post a Comment