Monday, February 6, 2012

Dangerous Living...

I was talking with uncle George from Indiana last week and he reminded me of a lesson that I taught at church several years ago. The lesson centered around 2 Samuel 14.

In this story, Absalom had been sent away from Jerusalem for a number of years. He wanted to come back so he worked with Joab to get King David (Absalom's father)to allow him to come back to Jerusalem. David reluctantly allowed Absalom to come back but he was not allowed to see the king. After two years of being back in Jerusalem but not being able to see his father, Absalom sent for Joab again to get his help. This time, Joab wouldn't pay attention to Absalom's request. Again, Absalom sent for Joab and again Joab refused. Finally, Absalom told his servants that Joab's field was next to his so he instructed his servants to set fire to Joab's barley field. With his field on fire, Joab came to Absalom and asked him why he had set it on fire. Absalom told him that he needed him to go to the king again for him.

Has God asked you to meet him? Has God asked you to do something? Has God been trying to talk to you but you wouldn't listen? Please don't make him burn your barley field. If God wants your attention He will get it. I have heard countless stories about people finding salvation through a horrible situation in their life. What if God burned their barley field? Had God been trying to draw them before the tragedy? Who knows. All I know is that I never want to put myself in a situation where God has to burn my barley field to get my attention.

I encourage you today to listen to God. If you don't know Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior then now is the time. Please email me at johnkn.home@gmail.com and I would be happy to pray with you if you don't have anyone.

God loves you and I do too!

No comments:

Post a Comment