Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Have you drifted but don't know it?

http://sharemygod.blogspot.com/p/christians-prayer-when-you-dont-feel.html


God has been so amazing to Kim and me our entire marriage but this year has been so different. We have grown closer to God than we ever have.  I have been in church all of my life and I've seen a lot of things.  One thing that I've always observed is how good Christian families live.  This "Christian family" cliche is one of the things, I believe that is destroying Christians all over America.  This attitude was keeping my family from growing in God until this year.  More on this later....


We have been trained that as long as we say a prayer before ever meal, say our bed-time prayers, and go to church every Sunday then we are good Christians.  We believe we are pleasing God.  I personally believe that that this attitude is the attitude that the devil is using to break up families.  We have heard preachers all of our lives saying "if we aren't growing closer to God then we are growing apart from God" and this is true.  Now the devil will use scripture against us (like he did with Christ).  He will tell you this is nonsense and remind you that nothing can separate us from God's love (Romans 8:38,39) and he is right.  However, he is taking the scripture out of context.  


I believe that God turned his back on Christ while he was on the cross because in that moment on the cross, Christ became sin for us (2 Cor 5:21) and God can not be in the presence of sin.  Nothing can separate us from His love but sin can separate us from Him.  Our families, yours and mine, have let the attitude of complaisance and stagnation creep in and kept us from growing.  I'm not saying our families aren't saved and going to heaven, what I am saying is that this attitude has kept us from abundant living (John 10:10).  


God has shown Kim and me the error of our ways and we have committed our family and ourselves to Him the best way we know how.  


That brings me to the real topic of this post.  In our Christian walk we have up's and down's.  We seem to have seasons of victory and seasons of struggle.  C.S. Lewis called the down's and the seasons of struggle "troughs".  During these troughs, the devil tries to steal our victory.  I believe, as does C.S. Lewis, that God will withdraw that "feeling" we get when we are with him to see if we will continue to serve Him.  Nine days ago, Kim and I were both on the mountain.  God gave me a word of warning for Kim that soon, He would withdraw Himself from her and He wanted her to be ready.  By Saturday, Kim was in the valley.  She wasn't sinning, she was still praying and praising God but just couldn't feel Him.  Sunday afternoon after church, she decided that she was going to spend some time alone and seek God.  When she broke through He gave her a prayer to pray that was AMAZING!  When she read it to me I was certain she was reading from one of the Psalms.  God is SOOOO good to us, He reminds us to never stop seeking him.  


I am attaching a link to Kim's prayer that God gave her.  Please take five minutes and read it.  If you are struggling, read it out loud to God as your own prayer.  See if God will do for you what he did for Kim.  She isn't a poet, God gave her this prayer as fast as she could write it with no time spent thinking about it.   I am so proud of Kim for listening to God's voice.


http://sharemygod.blogspot.com/p/christians-prayer-when-you-dont-feel.html

God Loves you and I do too.

No comments:

Post a Comment