Friday, July 27, 2012

Good for you Chic-fil-a

Have you heard the latest controversy regarding Chic-fil-a?  Seems that their CEO, Dan Cathy, said in a recent interview that he tries to run Chick-fil-a based on biblical principles.  When asked if that means they have taken a stand against gay marriage Cathy responded "guilty as charged".  I suggest you do your own research to get the details.  Now there is a big public outcry against CFA.  Chicago and Boston have both said that they do not want any new CFA restaurants.  The "Muppet's" brand has severed their ties with CFA.

The funny and ridiculous thing in all of this is that the general public believes that if you are against gay-marriage then you are also against the ethical treatment of people.  CFA says they stand for biblical principles, not only does that mean that they are against same sex marriage, it also means that they are against adultery, using the Lords name in vain, lying, and murder.  It means that they love their neighbor and and they are going to treat people humanely; gay or straight.

The world misinterprets Jesus' statement that your are either "for me or against me" (Matt 12:30), they think that if we are against something then we are against the people.  In reality, Christians are against the sin but they love the person.  I'm against my kids lying but I forgive them and love them anyway, I don't disown them.  God hates sin and we should to.  I hate it when I sin and I hate it when you sin.  Sin is sin.  The good news is that God is "faithful and just to forgive us of our sins" (John 1:9).

I'm happy that there is a company that will say "we stand for biblical principles".  What a great place this world would be if the "world" wouldn't try to attack anyone who stands for something.  Thank you Mr. Cathy for providing as much of a Christian atmosphere in a public place that you can.  I will do my best to have my family at CFA this weekend.  I encourage you do do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment